APC Strawberry Producers Committee
The APC Strawberry Producers Committee was established in 1995 after a successful poll of producers by the Commission. The Committee covers all Western Australian strawberry producers.
The Committee consists of five members, and represents all main strawberry growing areas n Western Australia.
Committee members are elected for a three year period with terms commencing in June and ending in May of the relevant year. Members may apply for re-election once their period of tenure has expired.
When positions becomes vacant the Commission calls for applications from growers who might be interested in applying for membership on the Committee. This is done by placing advertisements in statewide newspapers, on the APC website and in relevant industry newsletters. Should you have an interest in applying, please contact the Commission at firstname.lastname@example.org and your name will be placed on a register of interested persons.
In line with good Committee governance the Committee strives to achieve a balanced Board, with members possessing experience in a range of areas.
- Member | Terms | Email / Phone
Neil Handasyde | 2017 - 2020 | email@example.com Mobile 0427 443 419
- Jamie Michael | 2016 - 2019 |
- Thang Ngoc Dang | 2018 - 2021 |
- Tri Truong | 2016 - 2019 |
- Leonard Handasyde | 2016 - 2019 |
- Strawberry Growers Association of WA (Inc). Aileen Reid || firstname.lastname@example.org 0467 783 981
- All terms are three years commencing in June (unless otherwise stated)
The Committee is enabled to provide all services except (La) as listed in functions Section 12.1 of the APC Act.
Each year the Committee calls for Expressions of Interest in relation to suggestions on how the Committee should direct its activities (within the confines of the APC Service Functions) for the coming financial year.
Should you have any suggestions or feedback please contact the Committee Chairperson, Neil Handasyde at email@example.com.
Services undertaken by the Committee
The APC Strawberry Producers’ Committee funds a number of research projects and industry initiatives. The Committee’s vision on behalf of the industry is to further advance the industry through increased domestic fruit sales by improving the flavour and quality of WA grown strawberries and encouraging appropriate marketing tailored to varieties.
The proposed 2017/2018 Budget figure of $92,830 includes the following activities:
- Annual membership Strawberries Aust
- Annual barcode Registration
- Strawberry Growers Association
- Fruit Testing / MRL (TQAS)
- APC admin charge @ 15% of FFS collected
Current Committee activity can be found in the APC Annual Report.
Fee for Service
Fee for Service for the Western Australian strawberry industry is based on four standard packages:
- Standard tray x 12 punnets @3c per tray
- Euro punnet tray @3c per tray
- Loose tray x 4kg @4c per tray
- Loose tray x 2kg @2c per tray
- Fee for service converted to kilogram = $0.01 per kilogram
Fee for Service Returns are remitted electronically in a Microsoft Excel Return Form.
Collection of WA strawberry industry fee for service is regulated by the Agricultural Produce (Horticultural Industry) Regulations 2001.